Finding love is tough, but the area you are in could make or break your love life. To help you in your search we have compiled the best and worst areas in the US to date based on marriage and divorce rates, % of singles, number of searches for dating apps and the cost of a date in each state.
It’s time to find out the best areas for finding love …
Washington D.C. takes the top spot as the best place to date in the US, with the highest number of single households and searches for the dating app Bumble. So, with plenty of singletons ready to mingle, it’s time to download the app and get yourself on the capitals dating scene.
There’s certainly an array of areas to choose from, where you could plan a trip to Nevada which has the highest marriage rate in the US and Las Vegas’ fame for a drive-thru wedding. Who knows, you could arrive single and return married. Or take a trip to Iowa, with one of the lowest divorce rates and cheapest average date costs – it certainly caters for those searching for love.
New Jersey ranks as the worst area in the US to date, with only 26% of single households, one of the lowest searches for dating apps and the second most expensive states to date. It’s probably best to stay away from this state if you’re single and leave it to the settled down and married folk.
To calculate the index the following metrics were used; divorce rate by state, marriage rate by state, percentage of single households by state, percentage of online searches for ‘tinder’ and ‘Bumble’ by state, and average cost of a date by state.
New Mexico, Indiana, Minnesota, California, and Hawaii have been removed from the list due to the divorce rate data being unavailable for these states.
- Divorce rate by state – https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage-divorce.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fnchs%2Fmardiv.htm
- Marriage rate by state – https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage-divorce.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fnchs%2Fmardiv.htm
- Percentage of single households – https://www.statista.com/statistics/242284/percentage-of-single-
- Percentage of online searches for ‘Tinder’ – Google Trends data collected August 8, 2020
- Percentage of online searches for ‘Bumble’ – Google Trends data collected August 8, 2020
- Average cost of a date by state – https://247wallst.com/special-report/2018/08/03/average-cost-of-a-date-in-each-state/
Check out Slotsource.com other studies here: