Most Popular NextGen Slots For 2023
NextGen Gaming is famous for creating popular slot games such as Doctor Love, Dolphin Reef, Foxin’ Wins, Gorilla Go Wild and the Medusa series. Swedish software provider NYX acquired NextGen in 2011. Industry titan Scientific Games then acquired NYX in a $632 million deal seven years later, so NextGen now operates as an in-house development studio within Scientific Games.
The NextGen team is still creating slots as part of SG Digital, one of many departments within the sprawling Scientific Games empire. This article focuses on the best slots from NextGen Gaming, how to test them out for free before playing for real money, and the sort of promotions you can enjoy at the leading NextGen slot sites in the US.
Online casino players can enjoy a wide array of NextGen slots this year. They range from classic 3-reel slots to exciting new games with hundreds of paylines. Some NextGen slots are distinctly underwhelming, but it has also released a few classics over the years. These are some of the best NextGen Gaming slots to try in 2023:
- Foxin’ Wins Slot: One of the most famous creations from NextGen Gaming, Foxin' Wins has spawned many sequels, including Foxin’ Wins Again and Foxin’ Twins, but we recommend starting with the original. This 5-reel, 25-payline slot was recently given a significant upgrade, so you can now enjoy it in 3D on mobile devices at mobile casinos. It is a medium volatility slot with a 95.6% RTP.
- Jackpot Jester Slot: A fantastic option for anyone that likes classic fruit machine games, Jackpot Jester offers the standard game with S0.10 bets, or the Supergame with $0.20 stakes. The RTP in the Supergame is a massive 99.9% and you get stacked wilds to help you out. It has a low level of volatility, with 3 reels and 5 paylines, so it is a simple, engaging game for newcomers.
- Gorilla Go Wild Slot: The RTP starts at around 92% in Gorilla Go Wild, but it shoots up to 97.04% when you collect shells. There are two randomly triggered bonus features, which earn you cash prizes and take you into a new area of the jungle. You will find increasing multipliers, sticky wilds and guaranteed wilds, contributing to a fun overall experience.
- 300 Shields Slot: If you're looking for high payout slots, 300 Shields is another NextGen slot with an above-average RTP of 96.66%. It has 5 reels and 25 paylines, and it is extremely volatile. The free spin triggers and retriggers are magnificent, offering multipliers of up to 300x. You can potentially win 17,773x your stake per spin, which is appealing, and the 300 Spartans theme is also fun.
- Shangri La Slot: Fancy slots that let you up the stakes a little? Shangri La is one of the best NextGen slots for high rollers. You can bet $0.20 to $40 per spin, so it should cater to most budgets. There are 5 reels and 15 fixed paylines, with a 96.63% RTP and the potential to win up to 3,000x your stake. The graphics are superb, and the gameplay is varied and interesting.
- The Wild 3 Slot: This Western-themed slot is packed full of gun-slinging features. It has an RTP of 96.7% and medium-high volatility, making it a well-balanced game. The maximum payout per spin is 25,000x, but you will need deep pockets and the Superbet to vie for that. Yet mystery symbols come with cash prizes of 100x your stake, so you can unlock some sweet payouts, and the general theme – Wild Racoon, Wild Coyote, and Wild Bull stealing from the rich and giving to the poor – is fun. Saddle up and get involved.
- Medusa II Slot: This is 5-reel slot that has an RTP of 97.07% and 243 different paylines. There are lots of Wilds, which are stacked when a brave soldier takes on the villain of the piece and tries not to get turned to stone. You can bet from $0.25 to $50 per spin, and the top prize is 121,500, meaning potential payouts of more than $6 million if you strike it lucky.